Am I on track?

Am I on track?

Sunday 1 January 2012

December 2011 Review

A quick blog post to finish up the year on the bike!!

Mileage - 471km
Weight - 88kg (steady again!)

Very, very happy with the mileage figure this month.  Easily my biggest month since being back post-injury, and close to my planned 2012 goal of 500km/month.

I think I am most happy about the mileage figure as I had two 5-6 day periods off the bike due to weather.  It reminds me that I can rack up some very decent kilometres just by being consistent with my cycle-commuting and throwing in a few races and weekend bunch rides as well.

Of course, the great thing this month was my return to racing!!  It was punishing (as described in my race reports!) but heaps of fun. My 2012 race licence turned up in the mail this week, and I can't wait to get racing again in the new year.

Weight managed not to blow out with the festive season - I think remaining steady counts as a win!!  I'm making some decent changes there too for 2012. The chief strategy is using MyFitnessPal as a calorie-tracker - I've used it for the last few days to get the hang of it, and I'm already a big fan. I'll do a 'review' post after a month or so of use as I get the hang of it some more.

So in summary - a great month to finish off 2011. I've got some big goals for 2012, watch for them in an upcoming blog-post...

Happy New Year everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment