Am I on track?

Am I on track?

Friday 7 June 2013

May 2013 Review

Just a quickie blog post here to keep my monthly stats up-to-date.

January - 300km / 13hrs
February - 452km / 20hrs
March - 341km / 20hrs
April - 269km / 12hrs
May - 201km / 10hrs


Year to date - 1563km / 75hrs

I've already talked in a previous blog post about the challenges with rain & work meaning I missed the first half of the month (again).  I missed most of the last week as well due to the same, so in isolation the 200km in 10 days was actually pretty good!

Main thing now is ensuring I have no stumbles heading towards the Cunningham Classic in early August.  I've started June well, building up some good consistency.  Without question, June has to be my biggest month of the year so far (in both hours and mileage) if I am hoping to have any chance of making it to the start line of the  Cuningham Classic in decent condition.  I'm not putting any pressure on myself - but the benchmarks I need to hit if I'm serious are clear in my mind.

What's ahead

I've started hitting the trails at Daisy Hill on my mountain bike.  It has been great fun, and has been a real positive for me both mentally and physically.  I reckon mountain bike time is worth almost double the equivalent road time, its really tough on the legs!  Without doubt, it has been an excellent addition to my cycling from all perspectives...

Also, I took advantage of a 'Scoopon' deal and bought a month's worth of access to my local gym.  My reasoning is to take advantage of their RPM and Spin classes, which will be my back-up plan if the recent runs of dodgy weather continue.  They also have Pilates classes, which will help me mix things up when it comes to core strength training. Hopefully, once my month-long membership starts up, I can get some decent benefit out of it.

Racing

The Cunningham Classic on the 3rd August remains my main upcoming goal.  I'll be aiming to start getting some race intensity in my legs this month via the Saturday club criteriums at Murarrie.  I also want to try the monthly club road race held at Pimpama (near Dreamworld Fun Park, run by the Gold Coast cycling clubs) to mix things up a bit.

My monthly stats at the top of this post look a bit dire, having been on a steady decline since February.  That said, I actually feel really good and am super-motivated for my August race goal.  I'm looking forward to continuing my good start to June and posting some big numbers for my June review in a few weeks time...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment